This giveaway is hosted by A Modern Day Fairy Tale. This is our first event with her. Warm Welcomes to her! She is the host and can answer your questions about the prize. Win! Win! Win! is only helping promote this giveaway. Thanks for participating and good luck!
Welcome to the DeskCycle 2 Back To School Giveaway!
Looking to get healthier this fall in a way that fits your schedule?
Wanting to incorporate more movement into you day, despite you desk job?
Want to be more energetic & productive during the work day?
Have a child who thrives on motion to keep them calm and focused?
If you answered yes to ANY of these questions, DeskCycle 2 is for YOU- an under the desk pedal exerciser that you can do as you work!
A Modern Day Fairy Tale is giving us a breakdown at some of the unique features that make DeskCycle a great option to increase your daily movement- at home, at work or at school:
- Smooth Motion. Many stationary bikes use a friction resistance that can cause jerky movements as you pedal. This isn’t ideal for allowing you to focus on your work, not to mention your joints. The DeskCycle uses magnetic resistance so the pedal motion is smooth— allowing your to truly focus on the work, not the motion. You can also pedal in forward or reverse motion- both with the same smoothness- to better target different muscles.
- Quiet Operation. I’ve been on many a good stationary bike throughout the years and some of them can get a little loud. That’s just fine for home or the gym… but at work or school can be quite the distraction. Honestly, I didn’t notice the noise at all when in use. There was perhaps a very small humming noise (think as much noise as you might find from a very small desk fan— or even a computer fan)… but nothing that we found to be of a distraction at all.
- Wide Resistance Range. DeskCycle has 8 resistance settings to best fit your fitness goals and abilities. At a 1-2, there is very minimal if any resistance. I found this great just for long term movement… easy, but constant. My daughter at almost 5-years-old likes to use it at this setting as well. At a 3-4 it’s a little more of an effort put forth, but still within my ability to maintain my focus on work with a good constant movement. This tends to be my most used setting. At a 5+, I find that I truly get a great cardio workout, increasing my heart rate and feeling it in my legs. Again, no matter your goals or needs, these resistance levels will help you reach those and provide just the workout YOU need— be it just moving, or getting your heart rate going and working those muscles hardcore. I find myself doing intervals at various speeds and resistance levels to get the ultimate workout myself.
- Clear Display. The DeskCycle comes with a display that includes distance, speed, time and calories burned. It is very clear and easy to read and understand. Beyond that though, it’s versatile, you can keep it on the DeskCycle itself, OR put it on the optional stand that will allow you to keep it on your desk, easily visible while you work. I also found it very helpful that they offer a calorie counter on their website. While the tracker on the display can be a fair estimate, there are many factors that keep it from being a truly accurate count- age, size, resistance, speed, distance etc are all factors that cannot be measured without more expensive technology. This counter on their website takes all of those factors into consideration so that if burning calories is a high priority, this can help you to do so.
- Stable Base. Have you ever seen a stationary bike that seemed to wobble from side to side when you pedaled? Chances are this was due to a more narrow base and higher center of gravity. The DeskCycle offers a wider base (20 inches wide in the front) with lower center of gravity. Even going top speeds, it was very stable…again making it an ideal option wherever you plan to use it.
- Comfortable Pedals.From my kids or my own small feet to my husband’s much larger size, these pedals truly were comfortable for all of us. They’re very wide, so there’s no slipping. They also feature Velcro straps to keep you comfortable even when pedaling for longer periods of time.
- Low Under Desk Profile. Regardless of which version you choose, they offer the lowest profile of any other magnetic bike by at LEAST 5 inches. The highest pedal height on the original DeskCycle is 10 inches. This means it can be used under a 27 inch tall desk (from floor to underneath bottom of desk) but anyone 5’8″ or shorter. Taller people will need a taller desk for more clearance. This is the difference in the DeskCycle and the DeskCycle 2. While all other features mentioned are the same, the DeskCycle 2 has a 9 inch max pedal height…making it more ideal for those who are a bit taller OR who have shorter desks. You can adjust it to fit your needs. At just under 5 foot myself, I found either worked very well for me, but I love that the DeskCycle 2 provides another option for those that need it.
Regardless of which option you choose, the DeskCycle or DeskCycle 2 can be a great way to incorporate more movement into your day to day. It will improve your health, your focus and you productivity. For home, school or at work, the DeskCycle is ideal.The DeskCycle retails for $189 and the DeskCycle 2 for $199. You can learn more and connect at the links below:
And DeskCycle is giving one very lucky reader the chance to win a DeskCycle 2 of their own. Enter using the giveaway form below:
A Modern Day Fairy Tale and promoting bloggers are not responsible for prize delivery.
Good luck to you!
Please check out other contests listed at Win! Win! Win!